Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Surely these must be written down somewhere...?

Seriously, there must be like a list of CT do's and don't's written somewhere for total noobsters like me, right?

Well, in case you're as clueless as me when you first get started... here's something you probably oughta know:
Save a copy of your layout at 72dpi, sized 600x600.  This is the 'online' size!!  If you're a dorkburger like me, you'll be having everything in 200dpi or 300dpi, and when you try to shrink it to 600x600 you'll keep getting error messages that your file is too large, and you'll wonder what on earth you're doing wrong because you can plainly see other people have layouts 600x600 fitting just fine!  *facepalm*

So, my layout was completely WRONG and so it didn't get included in the CT inspirations with today's new release.  I was a little bummed, but the designer was kind enough to let me know why it wasn't in there, and even went so far as to instruct me on how to make them so they fit in the future.  THANK YOU, Susan!  Now I just feel sheepish, and blonde, and hope that those in the know aren't laughing *too* hard at me behind the scenes!  :P

At least now I know I'll have it right for next time, so I can just focus on putting out some really nice looking layouts, and promote promote promote!  :D

No comments:

Post a Comment