Sunday, November 29, 2009

Getting Myself Out There

I'm doing the thing, answering CT calls everywhere that looks like fun, with designers who have great looking products, or new places opening up.  It's fun, it's exciting, it's nerve-wracking, and it's often disappointing.  But I did get picked for one, for a place opening up January 1st.  So I'll have my first 'regular' CT gig!  Yay!  I have enjoyed my guest stay with SRD, but it's a different sort of feeling because it's a guest spot, and I won it as a prize, not based on merit.  So hopefully this is a step in the right direction.  I don't want to be on 40 thousand CT's, but a couple of regular spots would really make me happy.  I scrap so much better when I have more of a purpose than 'to preserve this memory for my children'.  Things are moving along, and I'm keeping my chin up, not letting the ones I don't make get me down.  I know I'm new, and I'm a work-in-progress.  One day I won't be new, and I think I've got the potential to be really good.  So for now I'm happy to just make my way there at my own pace.  :D

No comments:

Post a Comment