Tuesday, November 10, 2009

The Beginning

Well, I decided that since I am interested in CTing for designers, I should make a blog that's appropriate for sharing designs and layouts, etc.  I'm still very new to the entire digital scrapbooking scene, but I am jumping in with both feet and really, truly enjoying it.  I've met some fantastic people, seen some amazing products, as well as some truly awe-inspiring layouts created with them.  I hope that one day I will be half as good as some of these ladies!  I have such respect for designers, it's not something that interests me personally, but I LOVE making pages with their stuff.  I'm trying to decide if I have a personal 'style', and when I look through my layouts, I still seem to be dabbling.  I have some really bright, funky ones, some really soft, pretty ones, some that are busy, some that are full of white space... I don't think I have my own comfort zone yet, which I'm not sure if that's a good thing or not?  I'm pretty fearless, though, I'm all about trying it when it comes to scrappin.  Sometimes it turns out looking great, other times I hate it!  But it's all a work in progress, right?  Making me into a fab digiscrapper.  :P

This past weekend I won a guest spot on my very first CT, with Susan Robinson Designs.  She's a truly gifted template designer and I seriously couldn't be more excited.  I have to tear myself away from the computer from time to time, otherwise I could just sit and do page after page with her templates.  LOVE THEM!!  All the girls on the team are amazingly talented, and so nice.  It's an honor to get to guest with them!

Let me put up a couple of pages that I've done using some of Susan's templates, and let's get this blog rolling, shall we? :P


Gavin, first week

Template: Sketchpad Collection 8 (template2) by Susan Robinson Designs.
                         Kit: A Lot Like Love by Nikki Epperson of GSD.

Punkins Punkins


Template: Sketchpad Collection 8 (template 3) by Susan Robinson Designs.
Kit: Funkalicious Fall by Jennifer Fox Designs and Nikki Epperson of GSD
except autumn word art charm by Atomic Cupcake.


Just me

Template-Sketchpad Collection 8 (template 1).
                                              Kit- Pixie by Creations by Rachael.


Hopefully there will be much more to come later, so keep an eyeball on this blog!  :D

No comments:

Post a Comment