Monday, June 21, 2010

How was your Father's Day?

Yesterday was hard for me, and the kiddos.  Even though their dad and I are no longer together, I try so hard to keep things happy and positive for them.  I think it's absolutely vital to a child to have a good opinion of their parents, even if they learn later in life that maybe their parents were not the 'best' people, you know?  Anyway, despite the 1200+ miles, I arranged for them to spend some time together... bless the internet!  I set them up on the laptop with a webcam and mic, and via Skype, they got to have some fun together!

Today, I felt inspired to do a 'Daddy' page.  I had a photo that was just begging for a wide crop, and I loved this kit by Kalo Designs for it (called My Daddy and Me).  There is just so much going on in the photo that the sort-of muted blues and tans were *perfect*.  And this kit, let me tell you, is full of amazing bits.  I had to fight myself not to try to put them ALL on the page!  hehe!
And here's my layout... what do you think?

I wish things were different.  I wish my kids could have their daddy in their home, and in their daily lives.  This photo sorta breaks my heart because at the time it was taken, we had no idea that a few short months later things would crumble.  I hope that by scrapping pages of them with their father, they will retain and later cherish all of the memories, of the special days (like this one) as well as the everday love they had.

No comments:

Post a Comment